Personal field equipment
- "leak-free" chest waders (recommended type is neoprene or high-quality nylon);
- non-slip footwear (felt wading shoe or boot, as well as stream wading cleat);
- wading belt (nylon or rubber acceptable, worn on outside of waders);
- polarized sunglasses (side shields or ‘wrap around’ style is/are recommended)
- hat with a visor (e.g., baseball cap style).
For this training program, at a minimum, you are only required to bring leak-free chest waders and non-slip footwear (wading shoe, cleat, or aggressive rubber boot sole), pen and paper, and a calculator. (Note: ideally, you bring ALL items listed above).
All other personal protective equipment (PPE) (listed above) is optional for this training program BUT is mandatory during actual field work/employment.
NREP staff will provide all field and classroom-related supplies and equipment, including; course manuals, electrofisher unit(s) and accessories, dipnets, linesman gloves, and associated field equipment.