The course is intended to teach basic site identification, survey, and recording skills. By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
• Describe an archaeological inventory project
• Understand requirements, protocols and safety issues associated with archaeological projects
• Use survey equipment correctly and navigate in the field
• Identify different site types, and describe cultural materials and features
• Understand how to use archaeological survey methods
• Take accurate and detailed field notes
• Read maps and plot locations
• Navigate to a site location
• Record and map site features and materials
Class vs Field
Class & Field: 5 days
As a requirement for certification, participants will need to meet or exceed the following program standards.
- 100% attendance for the program.
- 70% score on the program Written Evaluations.
- 70% score on the Field Evaluations.
Course fees are refundable if you withdraw a minimum of 10 days prior to the start date of the course.Note that special refund deadlines are stated for some courses, and we are unable to issue refunds after those deadlines - information will appear in the intake's details available on the NREP schedule page.
Non-Refundable Fees: Some courses may have non-refundable tuition, application, and/or lab fees.
Please note: A full refund is issued if a course is cancelled.