Course Offerings for 2018 / 2019 Academic Year
GEOL 390 - Special Field Studies this year is heading to Yellowstone August 19-28, 2018. Be sure to follow the blog which details their trip as it progresses (link to follow).
- GEOL 111 - Discovering Planet Earth
- GEOL 200 - Mineralogy
- GEOL 302 - Mineral Resources
- GEOL 304 - Hydrogeology
- GEOL 401 - Karst Field Techniques
- GEOL 412 - Climate Change: Past, Present, Future
- GEOL 112 - Understanding Earth's History
- GEOL 115 - Laboratory and Field Studies in Earth Science
- GEOL 201 - Sedimentology and Stratigraphy
- GEOL 202 - Earth Structures
- GEOL 206 - Geological Mapping and Field Methods
- GEOL 300 - Igneous and Metamorphic Petrology
- GEOL 312 - Environmental Geology
- GEOL 470 - Special Topics in Earth Science
Connect with the Earth Science Department through Social Media!
For information about current events in the Earth Science Department please visit the VIU Earth Science Facebook page.
For photos of our past field trips please visit the VIU Earth Science Flickr page.
Have any news you want to include here? E-mail Tim Stokes.