VIU has a comprehensive program of financial aid in the form of student loans, grants and awards. For a complete overview of all the financial assistance available to VIU students, visit VIU Financial Aid and Awards.
Scholarships and Awards
Scholarships and Awards are available for high academic achievement and/or community or institutional involvement. The Forestry Department has over $20,000 worth of scholarships and awards specifically for students in our program. Learn more about these scholarships and how to apply: VIU Forest Resources Scholarships and Awards.
Bursaries are available for students who are academically successful, demonstrate financial need and meet other specific requirements. There are bursaries available for all students at VIU as well as some specifically for Forestry students. Read more about the Bursaries available: VIU Bursaries.
What does it cost?
Need an idea of the total cost to attend VIU? We have you covered
- VIU has created a page outlining the average costs for attending VIU
- Tuition is $142/credit
- First year tuition (35 credits) = $4,971
- Second year tuition (36 credits) = $5,112
- VIU lab fees ($20/lab course) is in addition to tuition, approx. cost/yr = $240
- In addition, the Forestry Department has created anestimate of costs pertaining specifically to our diploma program.
- Work gear = $600
- First Aid Certification = $200
- iPad, texts & supplies = $1,150
- For details click the link: Estimated cost of forestry supplies
In addition to the costs outlined above, an $300 equipment deposit is also required. A cheque is required in the first month of school. The cheque will be cashed and the money refunded once all equipment on loan is returned at the end of second year.