There are a wide variety of ways that students can study Earth Science at VIU to meet their educational goals.
- Earth Science and Geography courses can be used towards a degree BSc Major in Geoscience, and also with the option of using these courses for academic accreditation with APEGBC for Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo) designation.
- Geology course credits can be applied towards either a Minor in Earth Science with either a BSc or BA designation
- Students can combine a Minor in Earth Science with other Major or Minor programs offered at VIU. Some examples include: Chemistry, Biology, Anthropology, Geography, RMOT, Education, Mathematics, or Liberal Studies
- By combining Minors in both Earth Science and Geography, students can complete a a BA Double Minor degree with a strong emphasis on geoscience.
- The first two years of study in Earth Science at VIU can be transferred to another institution (i.e. UBC, SFU, or UVic) where students could complete a BSc Major in ‘Earth Science’ or ‘Earth and Ocean Science’.
- Another option is to complete a BSc degree with a Minor in Earth Science followed by a BEd post-baccalaureate degree
- Geology course credits can be applied towards elective requirements for other BSc and BA degrees at VIU